Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Waiting....

Last week when I went to the doctor she gave me an order for some blood work and an xray. In CT I always tried to get the doctor to order the blood work before my physical so we could discuss the results. My CA doctor didn't want to do it that way. I'm trying not to think that she wants to get a second office visit to discuss the results. She asked for all the usual blood work that I would have expected plus a Vitamin D test - the only one I would not have known to ask. So, this morning I went to get some blood drawn as requested by my doctor. I arrived about 30 minutes after the lab opened. I figured I would let the early birds get done and it would quiet down. Wrong! The entire waiting room was full and we were waiting outside the lab for room to open up. I waited over an hour. Good thing I'm not one of those fainty types who doesn't do well with fasting. Then to add insult to injury, when I went to get the xray, there was another hour wait but at least we weren't lined up outside. Now the good news is that it is really pleasant here and I met some very nice people who were waiting with me. Many of the people waiting were "old" people but wait....I guess I'm getting to be one of those "old" people now!

As a result of the waiting, I missed my usual exercise class. One of the benefits of having the fitness center right in our development is that I could stop on my walk and work in an elliptical workout.

No comments: