Saturday, November 7, 2009

So what happened this past week


I can't believe how fast this week went. The addition of the two new activities to the schedule, plus doctor's appointments and many other fun things really filled up the week. The third week of guitar emphasized more picking and it's actually beginning to sound better - not great, but better. Chords are cleaner and picking is more rhythmical. The t'ai chi class has 10 students - the largest one so far. There are a couple of high maintenance students - isn't that always the way. I think they are insecure and it comes out in funny ways. They are actually all doing well. I have added a second day for a practice session between the lessons. I think it is helping. Cousin P and S held a pot-sticker party - he did 2 of them. The guests each paid $150 to learn how to make them. I was brought in to help with the coaching. I made a few batches of dough for the party. I tried out a new recipe for a fudge pecan torte from a Paula Dean recipe. It was really good.

During the week I had a physical, got a pneumonia shot and the shingles shot. Both arms were sore and swollen. Tweaked my back carrying boxes - you'd think I'd learn. It's finally feeling better after a great massage. Then there were bags, bags, bags. I've raised nearly $1,000 for Womenade! Yay!

It's amazing how

No comments: