Saturday, September 1, 2012
Things you learn on a walk
Almost every day I take a 6 mile walk or should I say I walk 6 miles a day not necessarily all at one time all the time. Sometimes these walks can take up to 4 hours to complete depending on how many neighbors or dogs I meet along the way.
The other day I caught up with a woman walking. I had not met her before so as usual I struck up a conversation with her. She said she was walking to her mother's place. I noted that it was great her mother lived in the neighborhood. Turns out both her mother and mother-in-law live in the same assisted living house. I knew of another assisted living place in our neighborhood but wasn't aware of this one. Turns out the same owners purchased this house last year and turned it into an assisted living place.
Interestingly a few months ago I met the woman who runs the house but didn't realize all the connections. She said she lived on the street and was in the assisted living business. She even said she had two places but I didn't do the proper factfinding. Her brother is a builder and built the first place in the neighborhood. They have another one just outside the development. Now they have this one too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment