Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Carrot Cake for dinner
Cousins K and C came for a visit to cousin P and S. We were invited and as usual I made a cake. I hadn't made a carrot cake in a long time because so many people are not able to eat dairy and what good is carrot cake without a yummy cream cheese frosting. Everyone is so food sensitive and all the latest fads of dietary restrictions - organic, whole grains, sugars, dairy etc that it is a little daunting at times. I have a recipe for a yummy carrot cake which makes 2 cakes - a layer 9"inch cake plus a layer 6 inch cake. I made the full recipe and instead of the 6 inch cake made 2 dozen cupcakes. I used whole wheat flour, agave nectar (using half the required volume of "sugar"), lots of carrots, pineapple, coconut, walnuts and raisins. For the cake frosting I used tofuti cream cheese and for the cupcakes I used the regular cream cheese. I don't think anyone realized that the cake was almost good for you. I took the cupcakes to the grill for Ladies Who Lunch luncheon. There were only 4 of us for lunch so the staff at the Pro Shop lucked out and got the rest of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment