
Now that Christmas is over, I have starting to find other things to create. I came across a letter in the Good Housekeeping magazine from a woman who said her mother made these floor wipers by sewing hand towels in half. I am always wiping up splashes of water usually with old sponges that have seen better days. I keep a couple of them under the sink. I thought this was such a clever idea and the hand towels folded in half and sewn are the perfect size to clean up spills on the kitchen floor. So last week while working at the Thrift Shop I bought a couple of hand towels and sewed them up. They are great. Perfect size to put your foot on and wipe up any spill and then they can go in the wash! Awesome - why didn't I think of that?
I have also discovered this really neat way to sew a casserole cover for a covered 2 quart casserole dish. It is lots of fun and I think will make a terrific gift for all the folks who take things to pot luck dinners. At the kitchen outlet store I found those gel packs that can be heated or frozen.
No comments:
Post a Comment