
Saturday night the Shirelles performed at the Clark Center. Beverly Lee, one of the original Shirelles, is still performing. She was from Passaic New Jersey and is 68 years old and she's still got it. The two women singing with her have made up the current Shirelles for over 20 years. They sang so many of their classics including: Dedicated to the one I Love, Will You Still Love Me, Soldier Boy, Tonight's the Night, Everybody Loves a Lover, I Met Him on a Sunday and Mama Said! That's all I can remember off hand. They didn't have a song list but I can tell you they hit so many of the memorable songs. The show was just about sold out and the place was rockin'. It was better than the Yesterday, A Tribute to the Beatles that played the week before. The audience age spread was from the mid 20s to the 80s (I'd guess - hard to tell out here).
No comments:
Post a Comment