Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally some rain

We've lived here for just over 2 years and we've been in a drought the entire time. I understand that lack of rainfall is a perpetual lament in southern California. You'd think they'd have figured out how to either pipe in water or desalinate water by this time. It's all hung up in politics as usual. Anyway, there is supposed to be an El Niño pattern this year which is supposed to mean a wetter year than normal. Other than a large rain storm in October (when I wasn't even here!), we haven't had any rain until last night when various areas got between 1/4 inch to an inch of rain. Hallelujah! They're saying we're supposed to have more rain by the weekend and a mostly rainy week next week but I've found the weather forecasters here just as unreliable as they were on the east coast. I'm waiting to see what mother nature has in store for us. I realize that at times one needs to be careful for what one wishes for.

No comments: