They are calling for rain here for the next week. For the two years we've lived here I've never experienced a week of rain, so this should be interesting. The forecasters really have their fearmongering voices going. T and I went for a drive yesterday as it may be the last nice day for a week. We ended up at World Market. In our stroll around the store we found a can of "Bar Harbor clam chowder". So we bought a can to try for dinner. It was actually very tasty and very authentic. As it turns out Bar Harbor Foods is in Whiting, Maine, not far from where T was born. It was originally called the East Machias Canning Company. See www.barharborfoods.com.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Bar Harbor Clam Chowder
They are calling for rain here for the next week. For the two years we've lived here I've never experienced a week of rain, so this should be interesting. The forecasters really have their fearmongering voices going. T and I went for a drive yesterday as it may be the last nice day for a week. We ended up at World Market. In our stroll around the store we found a can of "Bar Harbor clam chowder". So we bought a can to try for dinner. It was actually very tasty and very authentic. As it turns out Bar Harbor Foods is in Whiting, Maine, not far from where T was born. It was originally called the East Machias Canning Company. See www.barharborfoods.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks yummy! I miss good clam chowder!
We do too! This is really pretty good.
Post a Comment