Friday, April 4, 2008

New bike shoes


S from the fitness center gave me a gift certificate for bike shoes to use for spinning class. I have been "cost per wear" kind of buyer for many years now and at over $100 a pair for bike shoes I didn't think I could get the cost per wear down fast enough. However, I have been spinning 5 days a week so now I think perhaps the cost per wear will come down pretty quickly. I went to Ira's bike shop in AG - a hole in the wall type bike store that is crammed with everything and got a pair of red and black ones. Ira installed the pedal clip and gave me a lesson in getting the shoe seated on the pedal - basically just line it up and start pedaling- and getting disengaged - twist the heel. I tried them this morning and they do help make pedaling easier. I highly recommend them if one is cycling or spinning on a regular basis. Ira said that if he depended on the cycling community alone he might sell a 10 pairs a year but with all the spinning classes he sells over 50 pairs a year.

No comments: