Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gardens, the cousins and t'ai chi






I can't help but marvel at the beauty that surrounds me. It's pretty mild throughout the winter and many of the bushes continue to flower throughout. You'd think that spring couldn't really "pop" around here like it does in CT but you'd be wrong. Everyday brings more beautiful garden presentations for me to admire and appreciate. Here are a few examples of how things are looking at the moment - beautiful!
T and I went to SLO for dinner with the cousins. We invited everyone to our place but we are all going to a mutual friend's home tomorrow evening and P&S thought it would be too much traveling for Aunt L. So we each brought something to P&S. Delicious lamb dinner with couscous, mustard greens, baby bak choi with black mushrooms and a lemon-lime cake with lemon-lime curd as frosting. I used fresh lemons and limes from P&S's trees and they really make a difference. I really admire KM's commitment to the care of her mother. She has come almost every 6 weeks and stays for a week and takes care of the many things that need attention that the caregivers don't attend to. She stays with her mother and can get a real sense of what's going on.
Picked up a couple more t'ai chi students. The drop-in format seems to work for some. A number of the students have come back a number of times and some have just stuck with it. The drop in students learn the form of the day and join in the full practice with the forms they know. It encourages them to learn more - I hope.

No comments: