Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Lots of partying
Last Wednesday cousin P and S came over for a walk and dinner to celebrate the summer solstice. Menu included a flat bread with caramelized onions, blue cheese and walnuts for appetizer, roasted lamb, quinoa and green beans with prosciutto and mixed berry cobbler for dessert. That was the last evening (day) that we had a marine layer.
Sunday I started cooking for the senior luncheon. Menu included potato salad, oven barbecued chicken, cole slaw and bundt cakes for dessert. The seniors sure loved the meal and almost all were members of the clean plate club. I had an extra bundt cake (chocolate tunnel of love cakes) so I saved it for the Ladies Who Lunch.
After cutting a wedge to save for T, I took the rest to the Tuesday Lunch with the Ladies Who Lunch. We had a large group of 11 ladies. I told them they didn't have to feel obligated to have cake as so many are on diets and the group is a "no guilt" one. I guess that was the right thing to say as they all had "small pieces" and many came back for another "thin slice" and some for yet another. Still there was about a third of the cake left and I gave it to the staff at the Pro Shop. There are many young men working there who can afford the calories.
Today friends, D and N went to a relatively new restaurant in the village called Jaffa's - it's Mediterranean food. It is a walk up order restaurant and then self pick-up and seat self place on paper plates etc. The food was very good and it was very popular with a steady stream of customers.
Things should calm down until July 4 when there are 2 barbecue opportunities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment