Monday, February 21, 2011

Sometimes it pays

A week and a half ago T's laser printer died. It was probably 20+ years old and certainly didn't owe him anything. I have a color hp officejet printer which he is networked to so he didn't really need another color printer. His laser printer was perfect for him except it just gave up. We went in search of a replacement laser printer and found a perfect replacement - a Brothers basic black/white laser printer for about $120. He's had it for the last 12 days and it's been working fine - so much faster than the 20+ year old model. I joined OfficeMax member group - you know discounts, coupons etc. if you buy x amount from them over a certain period. On Sunday I got an email from OfficeMax announcing their Presidents' day sale and what is on the front page but T's printer for $70 less! So I called to see if they would honor the price and lo and behold they said just bring in the receipt and they would give me back the money! It was a sweet surprise and definitely worth joining their rewards program! Sometimes it pays to read the emails from the places you subscribe to.

No comments: