I think the mad dash is done. Made 8 dozen potstickers last night - we had a couple of dozen and froze the rest to give to cousin P and to keep. Last night our bank called to say that our bank card had been compromised and our data had gotten out along with many others. They recommended canceling the card, which I did. Then I spent an hour trying to verify that the call was legit. Of course it was after hours and all the branches were closed. My card had already been canceled so I couldn't get through the automated call centers! So I checked all my charges and found they were all ours. This morning I was able to reach a live person and was assured that the call was legitimate and many people had to cancel their cards.
I discovered that my shift at the Thrift store was canceled - I guess they never work Christmas eve, but I didn't know that. So I ended up with a lot of free time and could do the grocery shopping along with the millions of others at the store. It was kind of invigorating to be out and about with the Christmas crazy people.
Chicken Italiano is on the stove and it's off to church for the early service.
No comments:
Post a Comment