Monday, December 27, 2010

Another successful senior luncheon at church

We had 36 people at the senior luncheon today. Considering we had 19 signed up as of Christmas eve, that was quite a turnout. We served salad, rolls, quiche and red velvet cake. I made 3 red velvet cakes on Christmas day and put them in the church refrigerator Sunday morning. I prayed no one would break into them at the coffee hour:) I purchased Pillsbury pie crusts on sale for half price just before Christmas. I made 7 quiches - a number of varieties - spinach and onion, quiche lorraine, spinach with onions and ham, spinach with onions and sausage. The plates were cleaned - always a good indication that they liked it. I have never understood the attraction of red velvet cake other than that it is red. I made a cream cheese frosting - a favorite of mine and decorated cakes with hershey's white chocolate and peppermint stick candy kisses. We were done in record time including clean up I was home by 2PM. Many of the seniors were very appreciative of the care we take with the china and table cloths and with the food we serve. Feels great!

No comments: