Saturday, August 22, 2009

They've been forecasting "rain"

Well, living on the central coast the ongoing mantra is "we need rain". Many of my east coast bffs are a little tired of the rain they've had all summer. Out here when there is even a whisper of a thought (is that a usable idiom?? or is it a glimmer of a thought and a whisper of a doubt) that there might be some precipitation, the weather mongers start beating the rain drums. On my walk today I felt about 4 raindrops while I was out. I don't think it was sweat, and it was more than the typical moisture from the marine layer. I'm sure the weather mongers are going to claim victory on their forecast. Since returning home there has been more evidence of raindrops, so I might have to give it to them.

The La Brea fire is about 95% contained but it's still burning in the containment zone having burned through almost 100,000 acres. Any moisture will help the fire fighting efforts.

2 comments:

chinnb said...

We had rain (just a little) last night!

RSC in AG said...

Hooray! We had .01 inch - I guess that's measurable!