Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yay! California driver

Tom and I finally took the California driver's test and phew, we both passed. The DMV here doesn't create the licenses. They are all produced in Sacramento so we received paper temporary licenses. They punch a hole in your old license making it invalid, so it's a good thing we passed! We waited this long because the "local" DMV in San Luis Obispo was closed for renovations and just recently reopened. We only had to take the written part, read the eye chart and give a thumb print.

This morning I taught my 3rd T'ai Chi class. There were only 8 students today (one was away and one dropped out). The class is beginning to look like it's doing t'ai chi and they seem pleased with what they are learning. Before the T'ai Chi class I took a class they call B-fit. It is aerobics on mini trampolines. I haven't been able to do aerobics for over 10 years because it really bothers my knees but the trampolines pretty much absorb all the impact on the bounce. With all the spinning and rebounding the trainers have been encouraging everyone to get heart monitors to keep an eye on our own maximum heart rate levels. I finally broke down and bought one the other day. I used to have one that came with my Life Fitness cycle, but sold it with the bike.

After getting our licenses, since we were in SLO we went to look at fabric for possible window treatments in the living room, kitchen and my bedroom. We saw some possibilities but I think we'll keep looking. We're not even sure we want window treatments. We're getting used to the minimalist look. At the moment I'm thinking if we do anything it should be some kind of brocade.

No comments: