Sunday, October 7, 2012
Lots to catch up on
Since I last posted lots has happened.
Made a trip back east. Stayed a couple of nights with D and R. We managed a couple of long walks with J and D and got it all in between the rain drops. Then it was off to Cape Cod to visit brother M and wife O. Wellfleet was most welcoming. Visited every beach in Wellfleet, drove by the old homestead, feasted on whole belly clams and good ole New England clam chowder and a delicious dinner by O of Ciro and Sal's chicken - yum. O and I walked the pier in Wellfleet, the walking trail at the Audubon and the beach at Newcomb Hollow. We managed this around the impending rain. We actually wore our sunglasses the first day.
Then it was back to Hartford in the driving rain. I haven't driven in heavy rain for a long time (260 + days without rain out here). My next stop was with J and D. There was a large party for the St. J's rector's 10th anniversary with the church. I was co-chair of the search committee. It was rewarding to see the growth in the church, the number of new young families and how vibrant the place is. He's done the things the church asked for when he was called. I saw 200+ of my church friends all at one time. There was a delicious pig roast..
J and I hosted an open house and invited personal as well as many A Hand Up people. There were about 15 people who came to that. Made a trip to New Haven with my friend E to visit with my nephew who is studying at Yale. We had a great walk and then lunch with my nephew.
Last night I threw a party for myself and embraced my coming of medicare age. I prepared all my favorite foods including Jamaican meat pies, sticky rice, salmon on Chinese noodles with spinach, London broil and sour cream mocha cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment