Monday, May 7, 2012
Two funerals and jury duty
Last week two people I know died - one from early onset Alzheimer's on Monday and the other from pancreatic cancer on Friday. I was called for Jury duty a while back and they are pretty fussy about people asking to be excused. You can apply to postpone well in advance but you can't do it with a days notice. So I checked my jury status yesterday for my reporting time and was told my group was on standby and I was to check in again at 11:30 am on Monday. I went to the first funeral in the morning and checked in from the church parking lot at the designated time. I was told to check in again at 5:30 PM for the next day. So I just checked and I am to check again at 11:30 tomorrow morning. The next funeral is tomorrow at 1PM and I am scheduled to help with the reception.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment