The sky was beautiful this morning. The clouds are rolling in and we are supposed to get some rain. Yay!This month on my birthday, I threw a party for myself. I think I'll do that every year. Folks helped out with hors d'oeuvres, vegetables and wine. I got to cook my favorite foods and made my favorite cake. Delicious and fun if I do say so myself.
A few days later we went out to dinner with new good friends and had a waterview seat. We spotted a couple of whales and a beautiful sunset. Those were just added benies to the wonderful food and company.
T has been doing lots of training classes for the Clark Center. He is now the resident trainer! Many ushers have come up and told him it's the best training session they've ever been to.
We also attended a Judy Collins concert and a Jigu concert (Chinese drums)using our comp. tickets. We took cousins P&S both times. T and I met at a Judy Collins concert 42 years (almost exactly) at homecoming at Colby College. She autographed the program for us.
Yesterday, we went to check on the progress of the butterflies returning to the Monarch Grove in Grover Beach. They're back..... It's a bit early so we're hoping it will be a big year for monarchs at the grove. On our walk to the grove we saw at least 3 whales spouting in the distance.
Fall is coming to our area too. Most of our trees don't turn color but there are a few liquid amber trees that are just beautiful this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment