For the first time since we moved out here, I had to search for a "service" station or a tire place. One of the advantages of owning a new car is that for the first 3 years or so nothing is usually required expect for the periodic standard maintenance. Well on Tuesday on my way back from the village the low tire pressure gauge lit up on my dashboard. I had been procrastinating about pumping up the tires for a couple of weeks so I was not particularly surprised. When I inflated the tires (with our handy dandy air compressor), I was surprised that the right rear tire was as low as it said. But I inflated it as prescribed by the little tag on the door and didn't think any more of it until I went to the local market and the light was still on. By the time I got home the tire looked pretty soft. So I went in search of a tire place. It seemed kind of silly to go back to the dealer for a soft tire. There are a "million" places that claim they do tire work but I had no experience with any of them. I decided to "shop local" and try the guy in the village.
I now have a "tire" guy for anyone who needs one in Arroyo Grande. Family owned business. The owner fixed my tire. I picked up a nail in the tire somewhere in my travels. It's good to have a tire sensor and glad I wasn't miles away from home when it came on! Told me his life story. He has lots of experience and everyone in town seems to know him as almost every car that drove by honked at him. I even "yelped" him.
No comments:
Post a Comment