Saturday, April 24, 2010

Womenade

Monday night I hosted the first Womenade potluck dinner in South County. Technically the second one as one was held here many years ago but didn't have many people. We had 54 women attend this one. I rented the Cypress Room from the Pavilion which holds 50 people. I didn't know how many people would attend when I started planning the event but I thought if we get more than 20 they would be pretty crowded in our house. LD, RH and NQ all helped out Monday evening. They did the registration, name tagging, instruction giving etc. We played a "meet and greet" game with prizes and had a few door prizes. We had a 30 minute meeting where I read a litany of some of the good works that our contributions have funded in the first quarter. This was the first meeting for many people and they were impressed with the things that were accomplished. We raised over $2,100, $35 a person! Here's a link to their blog: http://womenade.blogspot.com/