Cousin P and S had a trial run of their pot sticker party on Sunday. We also celebrated my birthday. We each made a batch of dough and S made the stuffing. While the dough was resting, we all went for a great walk around their neighborhood. They are giving 2 parties each for 8 people. Each person paid $150 for the pleasure of spending the evening learning to cook for their supper! Imagine, when I did my potsticker party, it was free! What was I thinking??? Anyway, we successfully made many dozens of potstickers, cooked them and ate them along with some delicious vegetables including Chinese eggplant and green beans from S's garden. For dessert I made a carrot cake (my favorite.
Today my new friends here arranged a luncheon for me at the restaurant at the pro shop. There were about a dozen of us. I had made an extra carrot cake and brought that along to the luncheon. We all thought it was pretty funny that I brought my own cake but no one complained and it all disappeared!
No comments:
Post a Comment